Wednesday, June 22, 2016

HOME!

I hope that everyone is home and sleeping at this point in the evening. It was a long day for all of us, but things went smoothly. I will post a recap and other information for you tomorrow.

Thank you to our guides, Eva and Adrian, who did a phenomenal job the last 10 days. It is not easy to constantly bring the positive energy, but they were upbeat and ready to give our students an exciting day.

Thank you to our Rustic Pathways representatives, Matija, Maricruz, and Ricardo, who helped plan this amazing experience.

Thank you to Mrs. Wooden, my travel buddy, for being willing and crazy enough to go on this trip with me for a third time. Eva summed it up best- you truly exemplify the "pura vida lifestyle."

And finally, thank you to the students for being open to new adventures and ideas. We do this trip because of you and I am so glad that I had the chance to learn from you and gain a new perspective seeing this trip through YOUR eyes. Your energy drives the trip and I appreciate you getting up early each day, putting on bug spray when asked, following bedtimes, showing up for activities on time, putting up with the constant picture taking... you are awesome. I hope that you can take something away from this experience and apply it at home or wherever your travels may take you!

It's officially been a 19 hour travel day... be on the lookout for photo details in the next few days. Pura vida! And, as the boys would say, buenos nachos! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your updates and photos during the trip. You kept those of us at home well informed, and I appreciate the time that you put in blogging. Leah has been on several trips, and I felt the best appraised of where you were and what you were doing on this trip.
    Many thanks to you and Mrs. Wooden for taking such good care of our children!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete